World Chess Hall of Fame
This three story historic structure was built in the very early 1900’s as a residence. In 1925 a commercial fur dealer increased the building size to 15,000 square feet. Over the years, several businesses utilized and “layered” the space with multiple remodels that ended in a maze of weathered old doctor’s offices linked by narrow corridors.
R.G. Ross Construction worked with the Architect and Historic Preservation, to remove these tired finishes and open the space up representative of its early commercial days. It now houses the famous World Chess Hall of Fame. Wood floors, exposed brick, along with high efficiency HVAC systems and new historic type windows frame the remarkable exhibits and art presentations now on display.